- Tablespoons oil
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 cups of pumpkin peeled, deseeded, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 x 420g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons Moroccan seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup natural yoghurt.
MethodHeat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add eggplant. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a bowl.
Heat remaining oil in the pan. Add the pumpkin and onion. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes.
Stir in eggplant, chickpeas, and seasoning.
Add the water. Reduce heat to medium.
Cook for a further 10 minutes (adding a little more water if necessary), or until the pumpkin is tender.
Stir through yoghurt. Note: You may like to serve on rice.