- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cans of beans – e.g., black beans/kidney beans
- 300g mince (optional)
- 2 cups vegetables grated or finely chopped (e.g., carrots, broccoli, celery, frozen corn, peas, etc.)
- ¼ cup grated cheese
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 tsp of cumin and paprika (optional)
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste or sweet chilli sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Wash potatoes (leave peels on), poke holes in them with a fork and bake for 60 mins.
- In the meantime, turn pan on to medium heat. Add oil, onion, garlic and cook for 2–3 mins.
- Add vegetables (and mince if using). Cook until vegetables are slightly soft (or mince is brown all over).
- Add in cumin and paprika (if using) and mix into onions and vegetables, then add sweet chilli sauce and/or tomato paste.
- Add beans and liquid from the beans. Cook until mix thickens, and liquid disappears.
- Remove potatoes from the oven. Slice length-ways and open. Add bean mix into potatoes and top with cheese. You can place the potatoes back into the oven until cheese melts or eat straight away.
Recipe adapted from Real Good Kai