- 400g pasta, e.g., spirals
- 30 ml oil
- 1 eggplant, sliced into small cubes 2 handfuls of spinach
- 400g can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Method:Cook pasta following the packet instructions, drain and keep hot.
Heat oil in frying pan.
Add eggplant and cook, stirring over a high heat for 6-8 minutes or until soft.
Add can of tomatoes, garlic, and spinach. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring regularly for 2-3 minutes.
Divide pasta between heated bowls.
Spoon sauce over the pasta.
Recipe adapted from vegetables.co.nz