Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 kūmara, peeled and diced
- 2 yams, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 4 chicken thighs, baked until cooked through
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice and ½ lemon cut into slices
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup chopped parsley.
Place kūmara, onion, yams, carrots and potato in a saucepan.
Add water to cover, bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender when pierced with a skewer.
Drain and add salt, pepper and lemon juice and toss gently.
Divide vegetables between 4 bowls, add cooked chicken, top with lemon slices and sprinkle with parsley.