Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 teaspoons of oil
- 3 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and dice
- 250g beef mince
- 400g can red kidney beans, drain the liquid
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼-½ teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ x 400g can chopped tomatoes in juice
- 1 x stock cube dissolved in 1 cup of water.
Mix onion, carrot, mince, paprika and chilli powder together in a large bowl.
Heat oil in a fry pan over a medium-high heat.
Add vegetable and mince mixture.
Lightly brown mixture, stirring as needed to break up the mince.
Add tomatoes and stock and bring to the boil.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
Remove lid and add beans. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
Serve with smashed avocado on top!
You may like to serve with some cooked rice.
Recipe adapted from vegetables.co.nz