- 1 tablespoon oil oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 red onion, sliced
- ¼ pumpkin, cut into cubes
- ½ small cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- teaspoons fish sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ cup vegetable stock or ½ stock cube dissolved in ½ cup water
- 400g lite coconut milk
- Optional: 2 stalks celery or 2 carrots, sliced.
Gently fry the garlic and onion in 1 tablespoon of oil until soft. Add the curry paste and stir well. Add the coconut milk, stock, sugar and fish sauce (if using).
Bring to a simmer, then add the pumpkin, cauliflower and celery or carrots (if using). Simmer for about 30 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
Add the chickpeas and cook for 5 minutes more.Serve the curry with rice.
Recipe adapted from healthyfood.com