Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 6 to 8 hours (in slow cooker or crock pot)
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 parsnips, sliced
- 1 handful of broccoli or broccolini, halved
- 2 shallots or onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup of finely diced pumpkin
- 1 cup finely diced kumara or potato
- 1 fresh chilli, sliced (remove seeds) or 1 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped or 1 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 litres of vegetable stock.
Place all ingredients in a crockpot and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Serve with fresh crusty bread.
Note: You can also cook this on the stove top, cook until vegetables are tender; approximately 40 minutes to 1 hour.